Jul 24, 2007

Vacation for the Whole Family

I'm buckling down on my work, tying up loose ends, and getting ready for my trip to beautiful San Diego. I'm joining my husband, comic artist Dennis Calero, to the biggest Comic Convention in the industry. I know what you're thinking, geek-fest extravaganza--guys in tights, girls in scantily clad outfits, and a few fans that worship the ground they walk on, mix in a few toy companies, Manga and video game fans and you've got...geek-fest extravaganza. But apart from all that, I find it to be a place to find some pretty serious editors, incredibly talented artists, and a few big name actors promoting their latest action flick usually adapted from a comic book. It's a great place to meet old friends, gossip and hang out in one of the nicest cities in the U.S. Then again, anything is better than sitting in my studio another day. I need sun dammit! So I'll be vacationing and hocking my wares...well actually, carrying a few book ideas of my own.

While we're away, the five-year-old pup will be off to dog camp. Yes, that's what I said, camp, a vacation away from home and his owners telling him "No!" There's great place to leave your dog in Orange County New York, about an hour north of my home, that allows dogs to play five times a day, swim and do all the things dogs do with no leashes or fences. It's called The Pet Camp. If you're in the New York area, I highly recommend it. The only downside is that my dog returns completely exhausted and a bit depressed, for about three days.

So anyway, I'll be off to a long-needed work/vacation break that will last four glorious days. Maybe I'll geek-out while I'm there, too.

No comments: