Apr 16, 2009

Creative Recycling at Home

I'm a huge fan of before and after design projects, especially since I love to scour Craig's list, Ebay and local antique shops for the next best find. I finally had a chance to create my own "before and after" which I'm particularly proud of. What makes me even more ecstatic is that one of my favorite inspirational blogs also found it pretty cool! Check out Design Sponge for the scoop and larger pics!

For all you do-it-yourselfers, it took about three hours of sanding, two coats of latex paint, more sanding along the edges for a bit of a distressed finish, and a cut of wrapping paper from Target to line the drawer. I then added the classic Eames chair (more love) and I now have a one-of-a-kind piece that's easy on the eyes and the environment!

3 comments:

Crayonmonster said...

Great find! My sister and I just scavenged through some 'free' boxes of our neighbors and picked up a cool vase and a neat metal pot. Great for holding odds and ends!
Also, I got your postcard!! Thank you so much for sending me one, I have it up on my 'inspiration' board and am showing it to all my friends. Thanks again!
-Crystal

Tracy said...

Wow, that desk is amazing! Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing...

Darkness U.S.A said...

from trash to treasure I bet it is worth more than 15 dollars now.