Mar 20, 2009

Feets are wet

It's been a while since I've put brush to canvas, and I'm sharing it with you because I guess I promised to do that. I'm kind of apprehensive about it since I'm opening myself up to all kinds of scrutiny, but that's just the nature of the business, and I do believe it's meant to be shared. Plus, it's the best way for me to grow and get better.

Anyway, I'm entering this piece for a group show that's being juried by Alden Staffing. It's moderately sized measuring 18" x 24" and it's oil and graphite on canvas. The theme is "Awfully Beautiful" and this I titled "A Hair's Breath from 16." Keeping fingers crossed....

3 comments:

jazzlamb said...

this is real good. I love the color palette and the hair stretching the way they are...

Crayonmonster said...

Very beautiful and insightful. Love the croc of course, and enjoying the oil style.
Thanks for sharing!
-CM

Rich Carthew said...

Well done! thanks for posting up your work - looks great!

Happy, Alden has selected my piece too ;-) so hope to see you there at the opening,

Cheers,

Rich