Mar 17, 2009

IF: Legendary

The first thing that came to mind when I thought legendary was Myrna Loy. I'm embarrassed to admit she was a relatively new discovery for me. My husband and I watched every Thin Man movie over the past few months where she starred so perfectly alongside William Powell. She was so brilliant in those films I wanted to know more about her. I was amazed to discover that she dedicated her time as a full-time employee for the American Red Cross throughout WWII and only acted in one film in that time. So I wanted to illustrate Ms. Loy after this discovery. Her talent, beauty, and selfless dedication make her legendary.

5 comments:

Indigene said...

She was indeed legendary! Great illustration!

Edrian Thomidis said...

Beautiful rendering! Great take on the topic!

Valerie Lorimer said...

Great illo!

denise said...

Lovely, sensitve portrait.

Starikova Studio said...

I love it, Kristin! What a beautiful portrait. Facial expression is full of emotion and very warm. I like the way you use limited color palette, texture – nothing less, nothing more... Great job!